Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are there complete covers/cases for the Macbook?

My macbook is showing stains from my wrists. Are there replacement cases you can buy? Even different colors and designs? I'm not looking for the stickers for the top of the case or the sleeves. My main concern is the wrist stains. I'm looking to sell my Macbook, but I could never sell it looking the way it does. That wouldn't be fair. I've only had it for 2 months. Never again will I buy a white Macbook.





I don't have an Applecare package otherwise I'd go to an Applestore. If I don't have that, does anyone know what the price would be to restore it to a new casing?Are there complete covers/cases for the Macbook?
Hello barbevans04,





There are companies that have replacement artistic designs for various Macintosh laptops. I believe that they had a bunch of companies that showed those at the last MacWorld Expo in San Francisco. Maybe you can Google this and get some more information.





Also, I think that it's important to get a case/cover for your MacBook to protect it from damage as well as normal dirt and stains from your hands. There are a bunch of companies that offer all kinds of cases and laptop covers. Targus is a good company for this, but there are plenty of others. Check with your local Mac dealer.





I've heard that the black MacBooks show your oils just as badly. I'm not sure what you can do as far as cleaning this. I've heard this comment before from both Windows and Mac users, but I don't know what is the best answer.





Best of luck to you.





--RickAre there complete covers/cases for the Macbook?
I don't think you would want to buy a new case for it, as that would be very costly. Try cleaning it before it gets permanently fused with the case. Try iKlear, that seems to clean Macs pretty well, but don't use cleaners (such as 409) on the case. I believe they cell special covers that go over the keyboard and palm rests of the computer. You may to check Amazon to see if they sell this type of thing for your computer. (I think it is the Marware protective pack for Macbooks, but shop around and read reviews before you buy anything). Hope this helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment